The module can be configured under System -> Configuration -> PF CONCEPT -> Import Catalog .
After installing the module, the store administrator must set up all the configuration fields.
1. General Tab
The Unique Code field is used for downloading the following PF feeds: stockfeed, pricefeed and printpricefeed.
If there is the need to download a different stockfeed file, a different unique code can be setup in the Stock Unique Code field. The same can be setup for the pricefeed file in the Price Unique Code field.
The Print data Feed Files field is used for downloading the print data files. The store administrator can add multiple comma separated file names here. The format for the printdata files is usually printdata_ COUNTRY CODE _ LANGUAGE CODE _v2.xml and printdata_ COUNTRY CODE _ LANGUAGE CODE _label_v2.xml . Instead of the language code, the store administrator must use the following placeholder: %language_code% . Also, the store administrator must make sure that printdata files are available for download for all languages setup for all the Store Views.
The Language field is used for downloading the PF productfeed and printdata files. This field can be changed for each Store View in order to download the corresponding product details translations.
The Add also custom options to configurable products should be set to Yes in order to be able to add custom options for textiles products too.
2. Groups and Categories Tab
In this tab the store administrator can choose if the stores categories names should be or should not be updated based on the feed changes. Also, the store administrator can choose if new categories and import rules should be or should not be created based on the feed changes.
3. Price Calculation Tab
Under this tab, the store administrator can choose which product details are updated or not on subsequent runs of the importer.
5. Batch Tab
Import batch settings can be adjusted based on the server capacities and on the cron setup.
6. Print Data Tab
Under this tab, the store administrator can choose if the print data images will be downloaded from a dedicated server or if the local media directory will be used. If Use Dedicated Server is set to Yes , then the print data images links on the product page will be built based on the URL specified in the settings. If Use Dedicated Server is set to No, then print data images links will point to the media directory, and the store administrator must upload the print data images in the media/pfimport/printdata directory.
7. Product Grid
Under this tab, the store administrator can choose which product attributes should be added in the product grid for better filtering and sorting options.
II. CRON IMPORT
If the Magento cron is setup to run correctly on the server (every 5 minutes) then the feed files should be downloaded. Based on the settings, the import rules will be created, also the categories will be created for each existing website, with the name translated depending on the configured language for each store view
The following cron hours have been set for the import based on the PF feed documentation:
- from the PF documentation the decoration price feed is updated once a week on Sunday, so the cron is set to download this feed each Monday at 00:00. The feed is then imported into the database tables at 00:05.
- the price feed is also updated once a week on Sunday, so the cron is set to download this feed each Monday at 00:10. The feed is then imported into the database tables at 00:15. The cron that is responsible for updating the Magento products prices, runs each day, from 10:00 to 11:00 every 5 minutes, and updates in batches the products that have not been processed yet.
- from the PF documentation the products feed is updated daily at 01:45, so the cron is set to download this feed each day at 2:00. The daily product feed update is followed by the groups, categories and import rules checks, at 2:15. Next, the products from the feed are added or updated into the database table and if they have changed they are marked for an update in the Magento store at 2:30. This also happens for configurable products which are created or updated based on the simple products at 2:45. From 4:00 to 6:00, every 5 minutes, the simple products are processed in batches and added/ updated into the store. The same happens for configurable products, from 7:00 to 9:00, every 5 minutes.
- from the PF documentation the stock feed is updated twice a day at 01:30 and 12:30, so the cron is set to download the feed at 01:45 and at 12:45. The stocks are then updated in the database table and prepared for the store update at 1:50 and at 12:50. From 2:00 to 3:00, and from 13:00 to 14:00, the Magento products stock information is updated in batches, every 5 minutes.
- from the PF documentation the printdata feeds are updated once a week on Sunday, so the cron is set to download the feeds at 01:00 each Monday. Then at 2:00 each Monday, the printdata table is updated based on the feed and will then be used for building the products custom options and for displaying the data on frontend.